What to Do Once You Receive Your Acceptance
How To Decide
- Familiarize yourself with the University's Admitted Students page.
- If you filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), your Financial Aid Award letter will be sent sometime in April. Be sure you read and understand it. Follow the instructions in the letter. If you have any questions, contact Financial Aid Services 413-545-0801
- Want to visit UMass Amherst? Check for updates about our Spring Destination Days when we invite you and other accepted students to tour the campus and meet with representatives from your desired major
- Want to visit Stockbridge on the UMass Amherst campus? Check for updates to our Stockbridge Visit page, and opportunities to "Shadow a Stockie"
Once You've Decided
- Once you decide to attend the UMass Amherst, let us know ASAP by making your $500 enrollment deposit
- Familiarize yourself with, and sign up for, New Student Orientation for Spring 2022. Tell your parents, guardians, or significant others about the related Family and Friends Orientation held on the same dates
- You will receive a "NetID" and password from OIT (Office of Information Technologies), Log into our student information system called SPIRE, where you can then change your password and update your personal information, including preferred first name and pronouns. Class rosters and other important documents use your SPIRE information, so it is a good idea to make corrections to your personal information before joining our campus
- Learn about your options for On-Campus Housing. If you don't want to live on-campus, learn whether you qualify for an Exemption from the Residency Requirement. For housing questions, Contact Residential Life 413-545-2100
- Complete your Placement Exams online by Jan 7, 2022. Placement exams in math, writing, and a foreign language, are required for most entering students before an appointment can be made to build your schedule
- See the New Student Checklist, which serves as a helpful centralized hub for all of the little steps to smooth your tranisition into UMass
Contact the Stockbridge School or call us at 413-545-2222 if you have any questions about your admission.