The Student Farm
The UMass Student Farm grows certified organic produce and manages over fourteen acres of land, split between the UMass Research and Education Farm in South Deerfield and the Agricultural Learning Center, located on North Pleasant Street just north of the Amherst campus. The use of ecologically sound practices is a high priority, and each generation of Student Farmers continues to explore areas of growth and improvement for our environmental stewardship, while evaluating the trade-offs or benefits for our level of small-scale production agriculture. With each passing year of students at the helm, the Student Farm continues to grow dynamically, both in size and scope.
Where can I purchase Student Farm produce?
- The Northampton, Greenfield, South Hadley, and Amherst Big Y's.
- UMass Dining! Our produce is dispersed through all four dining halls and auxilary services!
- Student Cooperatives on campus! Check out Earthfoods, People's Market, Sweets',and Greeno
- Student Farmers' Market that occur every Friday begining 9/11/2020 from Noon to 4 PM at the East Campus Pond Lawn
- CSA Share! Purchasing a CSA share allows you to be part of our season, Click here for more information
To schedule a visit or volunteer send us an email at email@example.com or direct message on Facbook or Instagram @UMass_student_farm
Check out UMass Student Farm's feature in the Big Y Commerical
Questions? Comments? Email us, we'd love to hear from you!
Donate to the Student Farm
If you can afford to do so, please consider donating to the Student Farm in order to help us continue to run and expand our farm to better serve you. Regardless of your contribution level, we are beyond humbled by your continued support. Thank you very much!