The Stockbridge School of Agriculture Advisory Board consists of Alumni who are dedicated to furthering the mission and goals fo the School.
Stockbridge School of Agriculture Advisory Board:
- Bob Marzilli, Chair
- Kathy Abbott
- Jim Alicata
- Ed Bemis
- Sean Brosnan
- Frank Carlson
- Alex Cembalisty
- Jim Conant
- Amanda Gioacchini
- Chris Grant
- Chris Joyce
- Samantha Lombardo
- Dan Mayer
- Greg Nicoll
- Eric Swennes
The objectives of the Advisory Board are:
- To advise the Director and Program Coordinators on opportunities which the School should pursue to better serve the people of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the nation.
- To advise the Director and Program Coordinators on short- and long-range issues of emerging or substantial concern in the fields of agriculture and the green industry.
- To advise the Director and Program Coordinators on the relative merits of ongoing teaching, research, and extension activities as well as new activities proposed by the Director and Program Coordinators.
- To advise and where appropriate cooperate in developing and/or expanding programs such as: (1) the work-study/internship program; (2) new and/or proposed academic programs; (3) the recruitment, retention and education of new students, including minorities; and (4) the curricula in Agriculture/Green Industry education.
- To facilitate communication between the Stockbridge School (Director and Program Coordinators) and the University of Massachusetts; industry representatives and representatives of appropriate state and federal agencies, executives, and legislators with state and federal government. Communication includes advocating on behalf of the Stockbridge School, and publicizing the School’s accomplishments.
- To identify and capitalize on fundraising opportunities which will provide the Stockbridge School with a continuing, dependable source of flexible funds to support student scholarships and relevant equipment for courses to be used in the pursuit of excellence.