- Future Students
- Associate Degrees
- Bachelor Degrees
- Graduate Degrees
- Academic Forms
- Academic Policies
- Advising & Registration
- Graduation, Grades & Policies
- Internship Information
- Readmission Form
- Request a Transcript
- Transferring to a BS degree @ UMass
- Course Descriptions
- News & Events
- Give Online
- Contact Us
Email to display:
Intern/Workstudy Positions (6) in Landscape Maintenance/Installations, Arboriculture, Turf, Horticulture
Seasonal Groundskeepers/Cemetery Workers (24)
FOREST HILLS CEMETERY
SEASONAL GROUNDSKEEPER/CEMETERY WORKER
1. JOB TITLE: SEASONAL GROUNDSKEEPER/CEMETERY WORKER
2. DEFINITION: The Seasonal Groundskeeper/Cemetery Worker assists the full-time Groundskeepers/Cemetery Workers by performing unskilled to semi-skilled work in a variety of fields in the maintenance and upkeep of the cemetery, crematory, grounds, buildings, infrastructure, interments and related facilities. The employee cuts grass, maintains cemetery grounds, loads and unloads soil, gravel, trash and other debris including the collection and disposal of refuse in all areas. Duties also include operating vehicles and equipment in either a specific or a variety of maintenance, construction and/or utility tasks. This is a seasonal position. The employee is under the supervision of the Horticultural Foreman and Crew Leader and the administrative supervision of the Director of Operations. All employees are responsible to the Cemetery President. This positions classified as Non-Exempt for the purposes of the Fair Labor Standards Act. As Safety Sensitive, the employee will follow all safety instructions and policies without exception, the employee is subject to pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, post-accident (incident), random, promotion, transfer, return-to-duty and follow-up drug and alcohol testing, background checks. The employee may be subject to a pre-employment physical examination with a written statement from the physician as to the employees’ ability to meet the physical strength and dexterity requirements of the position.
3. EQUIPMENT /JOB LOCATION:
a. The employee operates light duty vehicles, trucks, tractors, utility vehicles, golf cars, riding and push mowers, line-trimmers, hedge shears, backpack blowers, compressors, jack-hammers, hand garden tools such as but not limited to rakes, shovels, brooms, sprayers, pumps, and other hand tools.
b. Work is characterized by the necessity for considerable physical exertion throughout the workday with close daily contact with unpleasant materials and for working outdoors under occasionally adverse weather conditions. Work involves heavy lifting and carrying, exposure to fumes, gasoline & diesel fuels, oils, solvents, chemicals, tobacco smoke and other noxious orders, machinery with moving parts and noise. The employee will be exposed to loud noise, dirt, dust, foul odors, poisonous/irritating plants, thorns, biting insects, wild animals.
c. All Cemetery property, facilities and vehicles are a Drug-Free work environment.
d. All buildings, equipment, vehicles and fueling procedures are strictly No Smoking Zones.
4. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
a. Cuts grass with mowers and line-trimmers.
b. Operates Hedge shears.