- Future Students
- Associate Degrees
- Bachelor Degrees
- Graduate Degrees
- Academic Forms
- Academic Policies
- Advising & Registration
- Graduation, Grades & Policies
- Internship Information
- Readmission Form
- Request a Transcript
- Transferring to a BS degree @ UMass
- Course Descriptions
- News & Events
- Give Online
- Contact Us
206 French Hall
- Ph.D., 1995. Breeding and Genetics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Dept. of Horticulture, Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison. 1995-1999.
- Assistant Professor in Plant Breeding and Plant Genetics program, Dept. of Plant Pathology, Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison. January 2000 - August 2006.
- Population genetics of Sclerotinia homoeocarpa, causal agent of dollar spot on turfgrass, as a model system of plant pathogenic sterile fungi
- Management of fungicide resistance of dollar spot on turfgrass
- Classical and molecular breeding of disease resistance in Lolium and Agrostis spp.
- Mapping of disease resistance quantitative traits in Lolium and Agrostis and comparative genomics analysis in Poaceae species
- DNA fingerprinting of Kentucky bluegrass and bermudagrass
- Nanotechnology for plant pathogenic fungi
- Turfgrass Pathology Lab (PLSOILIN 112), fall semesters
- Special Topic-Advanced Turfgrass Pathology (PLSOILIN 597M), spring semesters
- Horticultural Plant Pathology (PLSOILIN 111), fall semesters
For more information about Professor Jung, please visit his website at:
Popko, J.T., Ok, C.-H., Campbell-Nelson, K., and Jung, G. 2011. The Association Between In Vitro Sensitivity and Field Efficacy of Five New England Sclerotinia homoeocarpa Populations. Plant Disease First Look.
Amundsen, K., Rotter, D., Li, H.M., Messing, J., Jung, G., Belanger, F., Warnke, S. 2011. Miniature Inverted-Repeat Transposable Element Identification and Genetic Marker Development in Agrostis. Crop Science 51:854-861.
Ok, C.-H., Popko, J. T., Jr., Campbell-Nelson, K., and Jung, G. 2011. In vitro Assessment of Sclerotinia homoeocarpa Resistance to Fungicides and Plant Growth Regulators. Plant Dis. 95:51-56.
Putman, A. I., Jung, G., Kaminski, J. E. 2010. Geographic Distributuoin of Fungicide-Insensitive Scelrotinia homoeocarpa Isolates from Golf Courses in the Northeastern United States. Plant Disease 94:186-195.
Brown, R. N., Barker, R. E., Warnke, S. E., Cooper, L. D., Brilman, L. A., Rouf Mian, M. A., Jung, G. and Sim, S. -C. 2010. Identification and Quatitative Trait Loci for Seed Traits and Floral Morphology in a field-grown Lolium perenne X Lolium multiflorum mapping population. Plant Breeding 129:29-34.
Jo, Y.-K., Kim, B. H., and Jung, G. 2009. Antifungal Activity of Silver Ions and Nanoparticles on Phytopathogenic Fungi. Plant Disease 93:1037-1043.
Chang, S. W. and G. Jung. 2009. Aggressiveness of three snow mold fungi on creeping bentgrass cultivars under controlled environment conditions. The Plant Pathology Journal 25(1): 6-12.
Sim, S., J. Yu, Y. Jo, M. E. Sorrells, and G. Jung. 2009. Transferability of cereal EST-SSR markers to ryegrass. Genome 52: 431-437.
Koch, P. L., Grau, C. R., Jo, Y.-K. and Jung, G.. 2009. Thiophanate-Methyl and Propiconazole Sensitivity in Sclerotinia homoeocarpa Populations from Golf Courses in Wisconsin and Massachusetts. Plant Disease 93:100-105.
Jo, Y.-K., Chang, S. W., Boehm, M. and Jung, G.. 2008. Rapid Development of Fungicide Resistance by Sclerotinia homoeocarpa on Turfgrass. Phytopathology 98:1297-1304.
Curley, J., N. Chakraborty, S. Chang, and G. Jung. 2008. QTL mapping of resistance to gray leaf spot in ryegrass: consistency of QTL between two mapping populations. Journal of Korean Turfgrass Sci. 22(1):85-100.
Chang, S.W., and G. Jung. 2008. The first linkage map of the psychrophilic Basidiomycete Typhula ishikariensis. Genome 51:128-136.
Jo, Y., R. Barker, W. Pfender, S. Warnke, S. Sim, and G. Jung. 2008. Comparative analysis of multiple disease resistance in ryegrass and cereal crops. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 117:531-543.
Jo, Y., S. Chang, J. Rees, and G. Jung. 2008. Reassessment of vegetative compatibility of Sclerotinia homoeocarpa using nitrate-nonutilizing mutants. Phytopathology 98:108-114.
Rotter, D., Bharti, A.D., Li, H.D., Luo, C., Bonos, S.A., Bughrara, S., Jung, G., Messing, J., Meyer, W.A., Rudd, S., Warnke, S.E., and Belanger, F.C.. 2007. Analysis of EST sequences suggests recent origin of allotetraploid colonial and creeping bentgrasses. Mol Genet Genomics Vol. 278 No. 2:197-209.
Navarro, F., P. Skroch, G. Jung, and J. Nienhuis. 2007. Quantitative trait loci associated with bacterial brown spot in Phaseolus vulgaris L. Crop Science 47:1344-1353.
Y. Xiong, S. Fei, R. Arora, E.C. Brummer, R.E. Barker, G. Jung, and S.E. Warnke. 2007 (online Dec. 2006). Identification of quantitative trait loci controlling winter hardiness in an annual x perennial ryegrass interspecific hybrid population. Molecular Breeding 19:125-136.
Sim, S., K. Diesburg, M. Casler, and G. Jung. 2007. Mapping and comparative analysis of QTL for crown rust resistance in an Italian x perennial ryegrass population. Phytopathology 97:767-776.